BusinessObjects Board

Deski 12.3.0.601 reports not refreshing

Hi,

I support a big group of Deski users. Recently many have started reporting an issue whereby changes they make in the data provider for a report do not get reflected when they refresh the report data. Eg, adding a field or filter, changing a sort sequence. The system runs in standalone mode (no repository) and uses MSSQL as the back end for all reports. Creating a new report works fine the first time the report is run. However, subsequent changes to the data provider never get reflected in the report. Its as if the cached report data is failing to get purged. When the data manager is opened, the correct data is shown there, its only the actual report document which is wrong. Does this sound like something any one has experienced?

Thanks for any assistance!

Hello @marcus and welcome to B :mrgreen: B

I have not observed what you report but I would like to offer some advice in order for you to get better responses.

When you talk about Deski, I assume that what you are really asking about is the Web Intelligence Rich Client? For those of us who have been using Business Objects for a number of years, Deski means the old desktop client software that has been retired. This makes our first response to your question be “He needs to upgrade.”

It is good to include what version of Business Objects component that you are using. It would be better to use the actual version number instead of the build number though. Most of us aren’t fluent enough on the build numbers to know which version you are actually using. For example, we are on Version 4.2 Support Pack 8 which is build 14.2.8.3426.

I think your version is several versions old and you should probably consider an upgrade if possible. That would probably be what SAP Support would tell you also.

Hi @marcus,

even @JohnBClark is absolutely right regarding upgrade… it is not the answer you would like to hear, is it? :slight_smile:

I assume by “Deski” You really mean Desktop Intelligence Client BO XI 3.1 SP3.

• Silly question - I remember when the DP/sql query is changed the Run button must be pressed and the query must be processed. if the DP is just closed (even with changed query) the change is not applied to the report… isn’t it this?
  • if not - classic questions - Does this happen to all users/all developers? Could you make a crosscheck with different computers?

BR, Tomas

Hi,

Yes, it is the old desktop client, long since retired. The company I consult to has no budget to upgrade. I discovered a workaround, basically delete the report results table and re-create it. From that point on, all data provider changes get reflected accurately when the report is refreshed. I just thought some old hands here might know a reason why this happens. My theory is some windows 10 graphics component doesn’t play nice with BO.

perhaps - the last Deski version is 12.7.4.x AFAIK is still should be possible to get it from SAP download portal. It still works on Win10 (un/fortunately :slight_smile: )…