BusinessObjects Board

Designer(Windows) can not connect Job Server(AIX)

Hi all,

I have installed Job Server in AIX, designer in Windows. Both are connected to the repository. Also I can execute job from web admin.
But Designer can not connect to job server. Can any one suggest me what I have to do.

Thanks for your help

santande@in.ibm.com (BOB member since 2006-09-26)

Can you ping the job server from the workstation? Have you added the repository connection that you are logging in as to the job server (in SVRCFG, option 2)?

• Ernie

eepjr24 :us: (BOB member since 2005-09-16)

Yes, those are done.
Job server port is 3500 and web admin port is 28080
3500 and 28080 ports are open from the server.
I am able to do telnet by both the ports
Also we can run the jobs from web admin.
But Can not execute the job from designer. It is saying that Job server you selected is not working… At the same time all the services are running.
Is there any configuration change required ?

While changing the designer environment I am getting BODI-1260016 error, saying that make sure jobserver is accessable from designer.

When you do the telnet to the job server, you are doing it from the designer box? If you putty in to the job server and execute SVRCFG, then select option 2, do you see the user listed (ex: ernie@BODI__Oracle)? If so, that is all the configuration normally required. If both of the above work, then I would call support and open a ticket.

• Ernie

Here is my entry-----

** Data Integrator Server Manager Utility **

1 : Control Job Service
   2 : Configure Job Server
   3 : Configure Access Server
   4 : Configure Web Server
   5 : Configure SNMP Agent
   6 : Configure SMTP
   7 : Configure HACMP
   x : Exit               

Enter Option: 2

Current Job Server Information               

S# Job Server Name TCP Enable Repository Connection
Port SNMP

1* bodi11test 3500 N bodi11dev@arbdev__Oracle

*:JobServer supports Adapter and SNMP Communication
on port :4001

Thanks

Santanu

Looks right to me. I would open a ticket with support.

• E

One more thing I can do telnet with the port 3500. but ping is not working.

will this work or should I require to do any more firewall configuration in order to ping the server

I have never been able to get the connection working unless I could ping it, either with just the name or the fully qualified name if applicable (ie, JobServ01 or JobServ01.floridahosp.net).

• Ernie

Some servers do not respond to ICMP messages for security reasons. So ping is not the final test. Actually, we use ping only to check the dns name resolution, could have used telnet as well.

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Yes … I Can able to do telnet with port 3500. Do I require to configure any other port.
Right now 3500, 28080, 4000 and 5001 ports are configred for firewall.

Please help me out. I am in real trouble

I would suggest the direction TO the jobserver is okay, but the reverse is not working. When Designer talks to the jobserver, it just resiters its IP address and an arbitary port as new listener, then Designer drops the connection and start listinging. And the jobserver should itself initiate the communication.
Port ranges can be specified in the designer menu tools -> options -> Jobserver -> port range
Allow for four port numbers at least.

I changed the port range as you suggested.

Now I am getting the error like - BODI-1241030 Notification Server Error.
Problem with call

Can you please tell me what is the next step.

Thanks

That means the firewall still does not let the jobserver connect to the deisgner via this port range. Please ask the network team to check again. For a test, why don#t you ask them to allow foll communication from between the IP addresses of your client and the server and vice versa? This way you would know it is working and you can start restricting the rights.

Hi Werner,

The problem is

BODI-850170:Sending notification to <inet:ip address:3500> with message type <16>
(11.) 11-09-06 08:27:45 (1773698:0516) JobServer: BODI-850216:Send notification thread fails sending notification. Could not send notification on time…

And the IP address is socks IP. Any suggestion ??

Do I need to change any parameter in DSConfig.txt or any table entry ?

Thanks
Santanu

Not getting this. Where does “socks ip” come from???

Hello !

Have you found a solution to solve this problem ?

I have the same problem. I can view my data in my job, the repository are right. My DI tools are installed on a virtual machine, for a tutorial.

And I have the same problem, the job server is not responding.

Please help !

unsurgent (BOB member since 2010-02-26)

Voila. I know I am a bit late to the conversation, but here was my solution. I was running Designer on my local machine. We also have Designer on the server. So I decided to remote to the server and compare settings. When the server desktop came up, good old Windows was there, announcing that BODS had changed since the last time it was run, and would I like to allow it to run (Y/N/Cancel)? Thanks, Windows. I said Yes, then went back to my local workstation, tried again to run a job, and no problem.

This has happened with other software services (scripted ftp for example) that run on servers. Seems it can happen after a Microsoft Tuesday, or after software is upgraded. Always remember to log on to the server and clear any security dialogs that are preventing your service from running. Not really a BO solution, but it was my solution. YMMV.

rds3wave (BOB member since 2011-07-19)

I’ve got this issue too. Just tried to install SAP Date Services 14.2.1 locally. Followed a document prepared by a colleague - asked for license key and no issues. Instructions show lots of screen shots which I didn’t get prompted for.

If I try to do anything, I can’t talk to the job server and I’m getting the BODI-1260016 error.

I can log on to the ETL server and run Designer from there with no issues.

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)