BusinessObjects Board

Design Studio Filter by Username

I’ve never actually used Design Studio, so I’m not sure if I’m asking the question incorrectly. Very little is coming up on search that is even vaguely useful.

Scenario: We have a dashboard, built in Design Studio. A new requirement has come in that the dashboard only display data relevant to the user (for these purposes, assume filtered to the user’s department). However, the dashboard is not hosted in BO, and does not use a universe. It goes directly against HANA views. We do have information in HANA that would be able to return the user’s department based on his/her AD credentials.

Can we add a command to DS to read the current user’s AD credentials? Can we pass it in somehow, like we could with Flash variables into Xcelsius?

Lugh (BOB member since 2009-07-16)

UIhh so where is that Design Studio Dashboard hosted if not on the SAP BI BusObjects platform nor SAP NetWeaver? I thougth that not possible.

Anyways, maybe GLOBAL Varibales in DS with the URL parameter set to TRUE could offer you a workaround to pass info from outside to DS?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)