BusinessObjects Board

Deleted Users

Normally users who no longer have access to BO are deleted from with the Supervisor module.

However, we now have at least one user who’s access has been re-instated but when we try to set up this user in Supervisor. We get an error message that the user/group already exists.

Is there a way around this?

Fherry :barbados: (BOB member since 2007-03-21)

Well, the “official” way to do it is to run a Scan/Repair/Compact on the Security domain, which will purge the old record. Then create the ID as a new user.

The unofficial was involves some repository hacking. Look up the ID in obj_m_actor. The value of m_actor_n_lat should be “1”, which indicates a deletion. Change that to 2. Get the m_actor_n_id value, and look it up in obj_m_actorlink.m_actl_n_actorid. Change the m_actl_n_lat values to 2.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I actually tried the scan/repair/compact but I still get the error. Could this mean that there is a bigger issue?

Fherry :barbados: (BOB member since 2007-03-21)

hmm. Did you check off “Allow deletion of sensitive records…” when you did the Scan/Repair/Compact? Check obj_m_actor anyway; if you want to go the purge-and-recreate route, then manually deleting the old record from obj_m_actor should force it to work.

The last thing also is: Did you map your users with any AD?

No AD mapping before XI, Sebastien :slight_smile:

It was possible in BO6.5 to map BO with AD …

uh, yeah. You’re right – I thought it supported SSO only, but LDAP mapping was supported too.

But even then, there would have to be a record in obj_m_actor, no?

No that’s a strange behaviour …

Users are not stored within OBJ_M_ACTOR but impossible to “dupliate” a user.

I found only one customer using such stuff and never understood how it is working plus the BO support never really answered my questions …