BusinessObjects Board

Default Values ?

Hi Team,
Is there any way to keep the defalt values in the filters ?. My users want to refresh the report without entering any values again and again, they just need some default values to be displayed in the prompts.
Is it possible ?.

ellis27 :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-22)

Please, try a Search on BOB, suggested keywords: default prompt

or start with this thread or this one.

Another possible solution might be VB macros (SDK).

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Another suggestion that I have is – to ask BusinessObjects to consider this as an enhancement request. You’re not the first person who wants this – and the more people voice a given enhancement request, (one hopes that) the higher likelihood it will get considered/implemented.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Default prompt values are available with WebI v6.x, see here.

Given the roadmap I think it unlikely that Business Objects will concentrate any further on any substantial enhancements/new features for the Business Objects Reporter module, but will focus on providing new features for WebIntelligence instead - all IMHO.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

I was thinking of individual-user defaults, rather than universe defaults – although even those are a definate improvement.

We’ve given feedback to our BusinessObjects account manager that what the product really needs is the functionality that was demonstrated by a user in last year’s user conference. They’d used the 5.x SDK to really make prompting work well – allowing error-checking, standard default prompts, as well as user-default prompts (which the user can save for next time). along with cascading prompts the way most people really want them to work.

Which presentation was that … I missed that one but it sounds interesting! :yesnod:

MikeMcErlain :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-08)

It was “Enhancing Report Interactivity with Prompt Customization” by John Levy of Renal Care Group. The customizations they put into WebI via the SDK were fabulous – with the problem, however, of how to convert from 5.x to 6.x.

What they did was so good, I think that BusinessObjects should include it in the core WebI product. It would REALLY make the product much, much better.