BusinessObjects Board

Default Date in @Prompt in Derived Table (UDT)

I’m using Universe Design Tool 4.2 against SQL Server. I’ve created a derived table, which includes an @prompt for a date. If I use this syntax, it parses fine:

@Prompt(‘Enter Begin Date’,‘D’,Mono,Free,Persistent)

If I use this syntax, it doesn’t parse, but the table still works in Webi, with the default value working as expected.

@Prompt(‘Enter Begin Date’,‘D’,Mono,Free,Persistent,{‘1/1/1900’})

In UDT, I get the following error when parsing the table: Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.

Note that I tried it in IDT, and everything works grand. The table parses just fine. But not in UDT. The problem is that, because the table won’t parse, I can’t see the columns in the table in the structure pane. But I can still manually create objects and/or filters on the table, and they work fine in Webi.

I’ve been searching, but can’t find anything on how to add a default value to a date prompt in UDT. Any ideas?

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

I think the problem may be that you’re posting as 1/1/1900 - maybe 19000101 would work better?

I’ll give that a try Mark, altough the default date comes up fine in Webi, and the whole thing parses fine in IDT.

Mark,

I tried your idea, but now the default date comes up in Webi as 1/1/1970 5:16:40 AM. I’m guessing that’s the date/time for that integer.

I am having a very similar issue in IDT 4.3 (@Variable in Derived Table not validating). Were you able to solve this issue and get past the “Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.” error?