BusinessObjects Board

Date Rules

Ok first let me say that I am new to InfoSteward and completely ignorant of how to write a proper rule in the tool. Secondly, Forgive me if this is the wrong area for this request. I have managed to build my view out, but when it comes to writing the rule I am lost and thought maybe someone in this forum could help. I am trying to create a report that builds vendor info monthly, but once it reaches 12 months it changes to a rolling 12 month report by adding the new month and dropping off the oldest month. For example, the report would build from Mar 2016 to Feb 2017 and when it rolled to Mar 2017, Mar 2016 would fall off. So to recap, I need the rule logic to build the report monthly until it reaches 12 months of data and then change to a rolling 12 month report where it adds a new month and drops the oldest month off of the report.

To complicate matters, I have 4 different date fields that have to be included in the criteria. Below are the criteria I need included in the rule to determine the scope of the report.

1. ERDAT – Vendor creation or modification date
    i. Rolling 12 month report building forward from March 2016
    ii. Created Date (LFB1 – ERDAT)
    iii. Created Date (LFA1 – ERDAT)
    iv. Change Date (LFA1 – UPDAT)
    v. Change Date (LFB1 – UPDAT)

Any ideas?

lp14301 (BOB member since 2016-03-17)