BusinessObjects Board

Database Moved

Hi, you may have experienced a (hopefully) brief outage on BOB this afternoon. Despite monitoring, one of the drives where our DB was stored filled up, which caused our database engine to stall.

We’ve moved the affected files to another drive on our server with a lot more free space and hopefully that will address the issue. There is a possibility of some data loss or corruption so please note anything you find here.

Thanks

Bob (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Just curious is there an alternate way to check the status of the site and/or contact the admin in case this happens again? For example a twitter feed?

bension (BOB member since 2005-09-01)

Not really…the board itself was fine (amazing what nearly 20 year-old software can still do) it was the server itself that was a problem. We have multiple folks with administrative rights / responsibilities to BOB, but only one person that maintains the server.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I haven’t gotten a daily digest in a few days. Is that related?

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Maybe, I will check into it. I had to really tighten down the controls on sending mail on the server due to another issue. It’s possible the digest script has been prevented from sending mail.

Can you check to see if your BOB emails are coming in marked as SPAM or just not being delivered at all…

It wasn’t caught as spam, but I did receive the digest today.

Dave, have you learned anything about the missing digests? I heard from another guy who hasn’t received any digest emails since the 16th.

Joe, have you been getting your emails?

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Yes, I’ve gotten them every day since the 24th.

Message reply emails are very sporadic (I did get this one), but it’s been like that for a couple of years at least.