BusinessObjects Board

Database Delegate

Hi,
This is regarding on database delegated.
I have two measure with Count and Sum.
1.count(A) : The definition count(A) and in the Properties Function I put Count with measure.
So, my Question here is if I will do in the properties of object is Database delegate instead of Count.will the result is same or improve in performance.

Same with Sum.
2.Sum(B):
The definition SUM(B) and in the Properties Function I put SUM with measure.
So, my Question here is if I will do in the properties of object is Database delegate instead of SUM.will the result is same and it will improve the performance.

Can I use Database delegate in measures instead of sum and count?
I am using Teradata as a back end.

Regards,
Gunjesh

gunjesh (BOB member since 2008-09-15)

Database delegated measures improves the performance, If you have a huge report that brings in more data and you have calculations in webi then you can make them database delegated, you will definitely see improvement because the calculations are carried by database… and not at the WebI report level.

What are you trying to do ?

There are some pros and cons about them.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

I disagree, database delgated measures do NOT improve performance! Instead it will bloat the Webi microcube as for each grain a separate SQL/MDX statement is issued (UNIONED into the microcube for SQL at least) and this will increase the size of the microcube.
Database delegated measures must be used for any ratio, inventory, or percentage related meaures so that the nunmbers stay correct when the measures are projected to a less detailed level (rolled up) locally in the Webi report.

And your projection is incorrect for SQL Aggregation of COUNT; the projection should be set to SUM.
For a SQL aggregatiom of COUNT DISTINCT the projection should be set to Database Delegated instead.

See also my posts here: diff between Select SUM (Table. Field) & Select Table. F and here SQL Aggregates

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the giving me a clear idea:).Its work:)

Regards,
Gunjesh Joshi

gunjesh (BOB member since 2008-09-15)