BusinessObjects Board

Data Transfer automatic - how does optimizer choose?

We’re using Designer version 12.2.1.0 and have a dataflow with data transfers. Transfer Type = Automatic.
In test environments a table was chosen each time - Target (MS SQL Server bulk loader) - but in production it is choosing file - Target (Data_Transfer file).
We can see any object differences in Designer and are working with Infrastructure team to investigate DS Config file.

The result is that the dataflows are running much slower in Production.
I realize that we could modify the dataflow by setting up a table and forcing Type to be table but the project is trying to see if there are any configuration changes that can be made before going down that route.

Has anyone come across this behavior and identified any configuration differences between environments that would produce such results?

Thanks.

mattj74 (BOB member since 2006-02-28)

Hi,

As per my knowledge if you are using the data transfer type as file in Data transfer transformation in production envt then kindly check your source record count.

since, i think if the records are more in source then, while writing into file and accessing from the file in Data transfer transformation will be causing to slow down the dataflow performance. kindly check.

pnr6kor (BOB member since 2014-05-14)