BusinessObjects Board

Data Services job for Enterprise Auditor

Most Data Integrator/Data Services shops are probably also using BOBJ Enterprise BI tools. And if you’re using Enterprise, you probably have Auditing turned on.

The problem is, the out-of-the-box Audit database design is very normalized, and difficult to report on. The included Auditor universe attempts to get around this by using Derived Tables in the universe, but this makes performance very slow, if you have a lot of audit activity.

Attached is a solution for making your own additional audit table in the Auditor database, and a DI/DS job for populating that data on a daily (or whatever) basis.

The usual caveats apply: Use at your own risk, and you 'll probably need to modify this to fit your standards or your infrastructure. The intent here is to get you started.
bods_boe_audit.zip (8.0 KB)

dnewton :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-30)

I’ve just got this going in our DS Devt system

I still need to understand how the whole Session, Event, Action thing fits together in the CMC to know what I actually want to report in terms of User Community Activity.

Thanks to dnewton for giving me one simple table I can look at to get my head around it all.
Are there no comments/responses to this BOB Download because nobody else struggles with the Audit Tables / Universe / Canned WEBI docs? I can’t believe it is just me :oops:

All I need now is a Universe and some canned reports that have some documentation telling me what they mean… or maybe spend some more time browsing these forums…my favourite knowledge pool

Thanks again. Neil

Neil Phillips :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-22)

My thinking here was that with this new table, plus the out-of-the-box Auditor universe, you could replace some of that universe’s derived tables with this new DS-populated table. So it’s the same universe, but with better performance and simplicity.

dnewton :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-30)

Doug this looked like something I could use but my repo is only 12.1 and this file is 12.2…

LANFIELD :us: (BOB member since 2006-05-18)