BusinessObjects Board

Data Services Data Marts to Webi Reporting

Using BOBJ 3x or 4x, what is the best way to expose the data held in Data Integrator / Data Services Data Marts (the end of the ETL flow) available to Webi reporting. Universe on db Table?

grantdoug :us: (BOB member since 2009-10-23)

Yes, Universe and a Webi report on top would be the easiest I assume. That question actually belongs in the BO section of the forum.

Of course, I have no idea what your requirements are so perhaps Lumira or a Design Studio dashboard may be more suited to your user requirements. Or perhaps Crystal Reports?

Also note that Data Services / Data Integrator does not “hold” or store data. The output of the ETL process is a system, database, or file that actually holds the data.

In terms of the Rapid Marts, these would usually be a database table on Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or any other supported RDBMS. Once the data is in there, Data Services no longer plays any role in exposing this data to the user using the provided reporting tools.

Your Rapid Mart should come with a predefined data model, a predefined universe and a set of precanned reports. The Rapid Marts were sold as a turn-key solution although in my experience, they are better seen as a development accelerator, a starting block to then further tweak to your specific requirements. IIRC SAP no longer sells or supports the Rapid Mart solutions, these were all handed over to Back Office Associates I believe.

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)