BusinessObjects Board

Data Service XI 3.1 Metadata and Impact n Linear Analysis Qu

Hi guys,

I installed BO EDGE XI 3.1 first, then installed Data Services XI 3.1
After the installation, I imported some reports and universe, to make sure that there are objects in the BOE CMS

Then I went ahead set up the Metadata Integrator, where everything went just fine
After that, I logged back to the CMC, and found the Program file the Metadata Integrator created, and I ran it…it went thru without giving my any error

But then I checked out at both the database level (AL_CMS_xxx tables) and inside of DS Admin Console, I couldn’t see the Universe and Reports info under the “Impact and Linear Analysis” section

Any idea? Am I missing something?

Thanks!!

tanglin320 :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-16)

how are you checking for the status in the Integrator ? if you see the stauts of Metadata Integrator in CMC it will show as success, but the Integrator might have failed for some reports/universes

click on run date and time it will display the log file of Integrator run, check if see any errors in that

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

alrite, update, i got an error saying

No operating system credentials were set for running the program

where do i set this?

on the ProgramJobServer?

Thanks!

you can set this from CMC, from the main page of CMC, in the Manage Section on the right, click on Applications
from the list of Applications select CMC
From the Actions menu select Program Object Rights
in the following page
click on Run Binaries/Scripts
and click on Schedule with the following operating system credentials
enter the windows user name and password

this is global setting

you can set this a Metadata Integrator program object level also from the prperties, expand the schedule node, in the you will see a option to set logon parameters

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

thank you very much
got it working!
thanks again

Thanks for your suggestion again.

sjain :india: (BOB member since 2009-04-17)