BusinessObjects Board

Data Service 4.1 upgrade issue - R/3 abap data flow error

Hi. everyone.

we use to data integrator 11.5, now we upgrade to Data Service 4.1

No problem, except SAP R/3 abap data extraction…

i install R/3 function module(like R900231.R63) and create user, and make a role … etc

i test on development sap server, qa sap server … it was worked.

so we applied real operation server.

but i found like this error message( we use ftp transportation method - but rfc method same )

RFC CallReceive error <Function /BODS/RFC_ABAP_INSTALL_AND_RUN: RFC_ABAP_MESSAGE, Changes to Repository objects are not permitted in this client)- Changes to Repository objects are not permitted in this client

i was googling and searching

if i use TCODE SCC4 “Client-Independent Object Changes” option change to “Changes to Repository and cross-client Customizing allowed” - it’s work.

but, we don’t change this option. reason for audit.

actually we don’t have basis. so i don’t confirm sap user configuration and role authorization. ( gave SAP_ALL role same error occurs…)

how can i resolve this issue? how can i connect to Closed Sap application data?

i have to /BODS/BODS re-configuration? i just upload file(function module) and i didn’t anything.

i tried data service option “Generate and Execute” to change “Execute Preloaded” . but it makes like error message -

RFC CallReceive error <Function /BODS/JOB_RUN: RFC_ABAP_EXCEPTION-(Exception_Key: ABAP_PROGRAM_DOES_NOT_EXIST, No appropriate entry found in table ADRT)

i saw in scn or support portal document about first error message, but i can’t found related document for second error message.

I just 3 day for live. please help me.

moonistar (BOB member since 2013-11-28)

Wish I could help. Are you running the Job in “Generate & Execute” mode or “Execute Preloaded” ?

This is the only option that I could think of for code overwrite.

Did you raised a case with SAP ?

ganeshxp :us: (BOB member since 2008-07-17)

appreciate reply.

data integrator 11.5 version use “Generate & execute”.

and i migration a schedule job in new etl server.

DI 11.5 is no problem for operation.

Only DS 4.1 new schedule job has failed.

and i don’t understand “raised a case with sap”…

is that mean post a question in sap community or sap ?

For the sake of it, turn the Datastore property to “Execute Preloaded” and see what happens…

No raising case with SAP in sense, goto service.sap.com and use your SAP S-Id, login and access help and “Report a Product Error”

This is for SAP Customer and I bet you are a customer too!?

thanks. i didn’t service.sap.com “report a product error” i’ll try.

after i executed “Execute Preloaded”

this case error message like this

RFC CallReceive error <Function /BODS/JOB_RUN: RFC_ABAP_EXCEPTION-(Exception_Key: ABAP_PROGRAM_DOES_NOT_EXIST, No appropriate entry found in table ADRT)

Okay, do you know if that abap program exists in your production system? If you will be able to access se38 in production (i hope in your case you can, but in most cases where it has established sap security, we can never access se38 in production client…) see if that abap program name that is in the properties of abap dataflow exists or not…

if i create a new sap data flow. that abap file registered(create) in sap production?

sap production system don’t exist abap program about data flow.

DI 11.5 version was just have a ZABAP_S501_ANALYSIS.ABAP in local directory…

should i create abap(ZABAP_S501_ANALYSIS.ABAP) in sap production ??

I think i am not able to follow you…

Just access se38 in production and see if ZABAP_S501_ANALYSIS exists there when you try to display it…if not transport that to ecc production from your QA system…

Did i answer you? Between don’t have to worry about the .aba file in the abap directoty when you run the job in execute preloaded mode…

To me it sounds like you did not transport the new ABAP function modules from dev to prod.
Thats why you get this errormessage.
check in prod wether the function modules have been transported correctly.

Hope this helps

Bajiman :switzerland: (BOB member since 2011-05-19)

Hi. everyone

first of all thank you

finally i resolved this issue.

as you mention SAP Production system don’t use a “Generate and Execute”

option… because Security issue.

So I create abap program in SAP Development system. and TP to SAP

Production System.

So I make all abap program and now i test in system.

if i know this policy, i did’t waste of time.

anyway your advice helpful to me. thank you all of replies

This error makes sense if you get it in PROD environment. But any idea if this can occur if we run against DEV environment.

I don’t think it makes sense to use execute preloaded option against DEV

Steps performed for connecting to ECC through DS 4.2:

1. Basis Imported the new functions into ECC which we got after raising an OSS with them.
  2. Gave the authorizations as per the manual.
    &#9679; S_BTCH_JOB &#9679; S_DEVELOP &#9679; S_RFC &#9679; S_TABU_DIS &#9679; S_TCODE
  3. Ran a simple R3 Data flow(Shared Directory transfer method) which resulted in error RFC_ABAP_INSTALL_AND_RUN:RFC_ABAP_MESSAGE, changes to repository object are not permitted in the client.

Do we need more permissions than listed above to avoid this error??

vinaykp (BOB member since 2010-07-15)