BusinessObjects Board

Data not being stored in Memory Datastore

Hello,

I am new to Data Services and trying to learn my way around real time data transformation. I am able to successfully read the messages from the BUS and store the data in a table.(sybase database)

I now intend to use the Memory Datastore available in the options, to store the values temporarily upto a specified limit of records and then perform a bulk load into the target database. (Teradata)

Q1) Is this a good idea? or is there a better way to collect records and perform a bulk load?

I followed the description given in the sap ds designer guide, but the memory datastore simply does not store any data and is always empty. It is not showing any error. Just the below warning when i validate the job in the designer-

The “Number of Loaders” option in Target table <Memory_DS_Test> contains an invalid value. Please enter a positive integer for this option. (BODI-1110443)

I checked the properties of the datastore but the Bulk Loader property under configuration just has one config option “JS and DB on same machine” and no “Number of Loaders” option. The logs show nothing either.

Q2) Is is possible to view the data present in the memory datastore?

Q3) Or Am i doing something completely wrong here?

Please advice.

Regards,
Pradeep

pradeepshenoy (BOB member since 2016-06-15)