BusinessObjects Board

Data issues since database upgrade

Hi,

We have recently upgraded our BO repository database and application database from Oracle 8i to Oracle 9i

Since then we are facing several data issues. If we run the same SQL query against the database the results are fine. But when we run business objects report there are some data inconsitencies. Especially data is inconsistant for the reports which are using ‘union’.

We are using Business Objects 5.1.7 and it was installed on HPUX11.11 server.

Do we need to apply any patch or any security previleges to set/grant for oracle install folder on the server?

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks

psrbobj :india: (BOB member since 2006-10-02)

BTW…Our repository database, application database and Business Objects on same machine.

Thanks

psrbobj :india: (BOB member since 2006-10-02)

This sounds like issues with stored reports that weren’t tested to ensure that the old SQL returns the same results on the new server. I suspect it’s not a WebI issue – but that it’s a SQL issue. If you’re just refreshing old reports that have old SQL – it may be incorrect.

Did you test your reports? You might have to re-edit them to regenerate correct SQL for your new Oracle instance. You might also have to change the information in your corrections about which version of Oracle you are using.

(I do not know this for a fact – I have no experience in upgrading between versions 8 and 9 of Oracle…)

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)