BusinessObjects Board

Data Cleansing: Step by Step tutorial

Hello - I’m new to Data Quality. I need to clean customer address table.I did not find any step-by-step tutorial about data cleansing so hoping you can help!
My table has following information:
Customer#
Address1
Address2
City
State
ZIP

How do I complete this using data cleansing. Please provide step by step process on how to complete the Address Cleanse transform.

Thanks!

moons :us: (BOB member since 2007-11-08)

Non trivial goal. That is the outcome of this class, I would look into taking it.

http://training.sap.com/v2/course/bods30-sap-businessobjects-data-quality-services-40-classroom-096-us-en/

eepjr24 :us: (BOB member since 2005-09-16)

It’s funny you replied from DecisionFirst. Is this supposed to include in decisionfirst DI training? Just curious.

And SAP should provide some kind of tutorial like other product or I’m just not finding them?

Thanks!

Why is it funny that I replied from there, I work there?

I directed you to the SAP training site. If you are interested in the course, they have different options for taking it, including online. DFT does teach SAP courses and I am a certified SAP instructor, but I was not trying to steer you toward DFT as a vendor.

The question you asked is almost this general:

“Can someone teach me how to use Data Quality”?

That is why I answered you with a training course. If you had instead tried to set up a dataflow and hit a specific problem, I would have done my best to help you out with that specific problem.

• E

eepjr24 :us: (BOB member since 2005-09-16)

because I do work or communicate with decisionfirst consultants sometimes about our past projects and I thought it was kinda funny we are communicating here in bob even though I don’t know you.

Anyways, I was looking for quick example on how to map from source to target with address cleanse transform since I had issues with output fields. SAP must have tutorial somewhere so I need to keep research on this.

Thanks for the valuable information!

Use the address cleanse. Input address, city (locality), state(region), and zip. Then output all the standardized fields and see what they are.

DanHosler :us: (BOB member since 2013-06-19)

setting up an address cleanse + data cleanse … is easy.

the hard part is looking at the output data and realizing how messed up a significant portion of your output is.

the cleansing packages are now sooooooo slow to update… lets hope you’re not too picky on what your output looks like.

jlynn73 :us: (BOB member since 2009-10-27)