BusinessObjects Board

Data Cleanse Truncating Name

Hi all,

We are currently using Data Cleanse transform. Everything is fixed & data is fine except for few records.
The problem started with the Name ‘James Patrick Automotive’. The transform is assigning the Gender code ‘M’ to this record, we expect it to be ‘C’. James is treated as Firstname and Patrick as Last name, the word Automotive is truncated.

So I have set the word automotive for few more records which has a person name…the issue occurs to these records as well.

Then I tried giving ‘Automotive James Patrick’. Then the cleansed value is fine, Gender code assigned is ‘C’.

Can someone please tell me where the issue is? Unable to find a solution to this.

Regards
Jas

Jasmine4321 (BOB member since 2014-04-09)

you’ll need to look up the word automotive in the dictionary, find out which rule it hit and adjust the rule or the word classification so that this comes out a firm instead of a name. The cleansing package rule that this hit, probably does not contain… options = begin : end;

add the output fields person1_title_std, extra1 and person1_rule_label_std

Do yourself a favor and read the 6.1 Cleansing Package Builder documentation. (170 pages worth)

jlynn73 :us: (BOB member since 2009-10-27)

Hi jlynn73,

Thank you…

I do have Stnd_title selected in my options
Can you please guide me on how to look up dictionaries in 4.0.
I have searched though the forum but didnt find any.
Can someone please guide.

–Jas

I have added Rule_Label & Extra output fields. For all the data that is truncating the rule label is name_gft. For the good records it is name_ggf. So I understand this is something related with the tile code. But not sure what setting should actually be changed.

Any help

You’ll need to log in to The Information Sewer for that.

If the rule format does not contain the: option = begin : end; … anything that doesn’t slot into the rule definition gets output in the extra fields.

jlynn73 :us: (BOB member since 2009-10-27)