BusinessObjects Board

Data Cleanse in DS 4.0 not showing output fields

I’m in the process of bringing up my first DS 4.0 server – we have been running Data Services 3.X for the past 4 years so I’m familar with the product, however DS 4.0 has some differences that I’m woring through!

I have installed the US English and Spanish cleansing packages.

Now in my Data Services designer, I can use the EnglishNorthAmerica_DataCleanse transform. I connect my input and output, then double click on the transform to bring up it’s properties and being my field mapping.

I can map the input fields - although one thimg I notice is that the “best Practice” and “All” radio buttons do not change the field list that I can map my input fields to – this is differnt than it was in 3.2 as the list was changed.

On the Output tab is where I’m running into my problem – there are no fields in the list of possible output fields to select. I have “All” and “Best Practice” selected, but nothing appears in the list.

It seems that I might have something installed, or configured incorrectly?

Does anyone have any ideas where I could start looking?

Thanks!

rwest :us: (BOB member since 2011-04-30)

After working with SAP Support for a few days on this issue the solution was to preform a complete system wipe and reinstall.

Everything appears as expected now.

rwest :us: (BOB member since 2011-04-30)

We had the same problem. It ended up being a firewall setting that was blocking access to the cleansing package.

jlynn73 :us: (BOB member since 2009-10-27)

Please tell me there is another way. I have the exact same problem. All components (except the database) are running on the same O/S so I don’t see how there could be a firewall problem in my case.

This is DS 4.1 Patch 2, IPS 4.0 SP 2 Patch 1.

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

Just had another 5 hour bout with this issue.

cleansing package created on DEV, provisioned to our new prod server.

any time we would go to open up a job containing a data cleanse, designer would immediately shutdown. After 5 hours of banging our heads against this … deleting and rebuilding cleansing packages, I remembered this firewall issue.

30 seconds later and we’re back in migration mode.

I’m also having this same issue - could someone be very specific as to what ports they had to open or what else they did to fix this?

I’m actually working directly on the server now (with Designer) so it cannot be a port issue I think… I have even disabled the local firewall all together… but i am still not getting any output columns to show up?? (Exactly as the topic starter experienced). A system wipe and reinstall is not in the cards (if I suggest that, I will probably be told to walk to the moon.)

I would be extremely grateful and so would the rest of our office be as I keep banging my head against the wall! :hb: :hb:

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)

My admin says he had to trust an application because it uses a range of ports.

I am seeing the same issue in the Designer (BODS 4.1). When I open any Data Cleansing Transform, the output tab does not have any fields listed.

Can someone please explain what is the best way out of this?

Also, on similar lines, my other questions is-
to use any of the cleansing transform or address cleansing transform, do we need to install any additional packages or certificates? We have already updated the appropriate license key.

Ankit J (BOB member since 2013-03-14)

There is a set of files that must be installed that contain the address data. You’ll have to download these from the SAP web site and follow the install instructions. Be sure to install these files on both the job server O/S and the Designer O/S.

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

This thread may contain some useful info:

In my case, I could solve the problem (DS 4.1) by creating a new directory in my install\dunit\ directory as described in that thread. This seems to indicate a small but crucial typo in the DS 4.1 installation guide.

(Kudos to Jim for providing me with the answer!)

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)