BusinessObjects Board

DashBoard - swf/pdf for Dashboard with QaaWS not connecting

HI All

Sorry if this is in the wrong place…
I have just built my first dashboard which pulls data from a QaaWS query.
When previewing the data in the dashboard designer (swf preview), the data is pulled in and presented perfectly.
However when exporting to pdf/swf and then trying to run the exported object I receive the error…

Cannot access external data
An error has occurred.
For more information, contact the file creator or your system administrator.
Error: Error #2060
Connection Type: Web service query (Query as a Web Service)

I have checked the user/password associated with the inputs to the query and they are fine.

Any help would be gratefully received.

:wave:

Update

We do have a CrossDomain.xml file in place in root of the Tomcat server and I can view my dashboard within InfoView (oops - sorry BI Launch) with no problems. I only have the issue when using the exported swf/ppt or pdf object.

It is possibly something that I haven’t done but because of my inexperience with Dashboards I am struggling to find the cause.

SandiR :uk: (BOB member since 2004-12-20)

OK - it looks as if the issue was to do with my folder (where my swf/ppt/pdf files were located) not being in the trusted locations for the Flash Player.

So the answer was to open up the Flash Player Settings Manager in Control Panel and then, on the Advanced tab, click on Trusted Location Settings then add the folder(s) where your dashboard objects are located.

Cheers,
Sandi

SandiR :uk: (BOB member since 2004-12-20)

Hello,

I don’t know if I can post a question here since this is from april, but I have a question, I’m getting same error, I did what you said about the Trusted Location Settings and everything was ok until today that I’m getting same error again, I tried with another folder folder or even the file in the trusted location but I’it doesn’t work, can anyone help me?

ajaramillo (BOB member since 2012-03-15)