BusinessObjects Board

Dashboard is not populated with data automatically

Hi All,

We are using BO 4.2.

Issue: When the Dashboard is opened first time in either Launch Pad or CMC the data gets populated automatically and when we close that instance and open it again the data is not getting populated automatically. It requires some refresh or some navigation to get the data populated even the Refresh before components are loaded is checked in data connections.

Please help us to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Poojitha.

Poojitha :india: (BOB member since 2017-04-03)

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. We moved over our dashboard XLF files from an older XI R3 environment to a newer 4.2 environment. All the dashboards work fine except for one. That one dashboard has the same issue. It displays data correctly when I view it for the first time in Launch Pad or CMC but when I close it and open it again, it comes up blank. Then, I have to hit refresh or drill down or do something on the dashboard for the data to display. I too have the refresh before components are loaded option checked in the data connections. I donโ€™t see any issues when I preview that dashboard within the 4.2 dashboards tool any number of times.

Please help.

mtrivedi (BOB member since 2018-05-21)

Look inside all the connections of the XLF file, somewhere in there you probably have triggered based connection, and that is most likely misfiring.

katullus :us: (BOB member since 2009-08-21)