BusinessObjects Board

Dashboard and Analytics

Hi

I have installed the Business Objects XI 3.1.
In my BO installation (C:\program files\Business Objects), there is a folder “Dashboard and Analytics 12.0”.

Currently it doesn’t show up in the “BusinessObjects Enterprise” menu (i.e. in Start/All Programs/Business Objects XI 3.1/BusinessObjects Enterprise/)

How can I activate or install “Dashboard and Analytics 12.0”. Is there any document on installing and using ‘Dashboard and Analytics’.

Any help will be appreciated.

Vrush27 (BOB member since 2010-12-08)

i believe it’s related of the performance management product

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

Is Performance Management to be installed separately and does not come as part of Business Objects XI 3.1.
How to check if Performance Management is installed on BO Server?
Any guidelines for installing and using Performance Management / Dashboard and Analytics?

Thanks.

I believe it’s initiated via your license key.
There’s a checkbox for “Install Performance Management” components

Thanks Chris.

So in this case do I have to go back and do the BO installation again or can I install Performance Management separately.

Will this be available on BO XI Server only or can we access it through BO XI Client as well.

You need to install EPM suit seperately. For EPM seperate repository gets configured. Also license key is different. This is applicable if you want to create metrics and analytics.

However, in XIR3.1 version you can work on Dashboard Builder. This is available in InfoView.

Thanks

avbaby :india: (BOB member since 2009-05-09)

Hi,

Thanks.
Can you tell me how can to use Dashboard and Analytics in Infoview.
All I see is the attached screen.

The Dashboard Builder User Guide (http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir3/en/xi3_dashboard_builder_user_guide_en.pdf) specifies some templates such as Metric Analytics,Catalog Analytic. Where can I find those links in Infoview?

Please assist.
Infoview_Dashboard_Builder.jpg

Try clicking the NEW link under corporate dashboards. see how far you get.
and yes, refer to the user manual for step by step instructions.

Hi,

may I install EPM and Dashboard builder on Linux? :?:

Cheers

sliver :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2008-02-14)