BusinessObjects Board

Customizing Infoview home page

Hi,
I want to make a WebI report as default page (Home page) on Infoview for all users. Basically I have a funnel picture on this report which hyperlinks to all other reports. Now I tried to customize the infoview page a little bit by editing the .jsp files but did not really manage to figure out how to make a report as default home page.

Need suggestions please!
version using: BOXI 3.0

Thank you

IronMan (BOB member since 2005-09-09)

Hi,

You can change General preference in Infoview and make your My Infoview as your default home pate.

Once you login to infoview, There will be one option “My Infoview” available.

Select the panel and select the report which you have mentioned in your post and save.

Go to preferences and selct General Preferences.
In the first option, change option from “Home” to “My Infoview”

This is as per BO XI R2. I am not sure about BO XI R3.

Hope this helps.

GowthamSen :india: (BOB member since 2006-08-31)

well…I want to make this as default for every user in the system…not just for me.

saw some jsp files which did this for XI R2 version…but as expected they did not work on XI R3 version.

Hi,

Could you please share it with us.!

GowthamSen :india: (BOB member since 2006-08-31)

i have tried to change the web.xml file to customize the login page. i have changed the image in the img.banner.logo from banner_logo.gif to eportfolio.gif. after this change the only thing getting displayed in the login page was an image(blue band) at the top. the login box was not coming, it was hidden. so i have tried to replace the web.xml file with the original one, but again the same thing is coming. what should i do to get the original login page back?
one thing i noticed after making the change was that when i click on the infoview link in the BO home page, it is going to businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/InfoView/logon/logon.aspx. earlier it was going to businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/InfoView/logon/logon.do

please help me in this issue
thanks in advance.

binumuraleedharan (BOB member since 2008-06-11)

i have tried to change the web.xml file to customize the login page. i have changed the image in the img.banner.logo from banner_logo.gif to eportfolio.gif. after this change the only thing getting displayed in the login page was an image(blue band) at the top. the login box was not coming, it was hidden. so i have tried to replace the web.xml file with the original one, but again the same thing is coming. what should i do to get the original login page back?
one thing i noticed after making the change was that when i click on the infoview link in the BO home page, it is going to businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/InfoView/logon/logon.aspx. earlier it was going to businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/InfoView/logon/logon.do

please help me in this issue
thanks in advance.

binumuraleedharan (BOB member since 2008-06-11)

Hi, Were you able to solve your problem? I am in the same boat now. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris

kckadiyala (BOB member since 2006-09-17)

Another solution would be to set up a shortcut on your user’s desktops that links directly to the report you want them to see. Just set it up to always look at the latest instance of the report.

Voztron :australia: (BOB member since 2010-12-08)