BusinessObjects Board

Crystal Reports & Saving in BI Launchpad

Hi,

Any idea how to go about saving CR with the prompts included already within your own personal favorites in the BI Launchpad? Also, is it possible to schedule the reports within your own personal favorits with Crystal Reports? We have the 2016 version.

I would think so, provided you have the rights to do so. I am assuming that you want to schedule that report with the prompts already entered.

By default, you should have the necessary permissions to upload a Crystal Report to your personal favorites folder in the BI Launchpad. Your System Administrator may have restricted this however. You should check with them.

In order to schedule the reports, your system would need to be running the Crystal Reports services. Again, check with your System Administrator on this.

Crystal Reports services are all enabled and running. I was able to go to the report and figure it our from there. Thank you for your help folks!

I HIGHLY recommend NOT letting people schedule from their personal folders - especially if the schedules are being distributed to other people. If you’re using third-party authentication such as AD, LDAP, or SAP, users are automatically deleted from the system if they are no longer authorized access to BOBJ. This means their personal content and schedules are also deleted and I believe they’re not available for recovery in the Recycle Bin. This can cause all sorts of issues if people are expecting reports that are no longer available.

-Dell