BusinessObjects Board

Crystal Enterprise Embedded 10 - CMS Question

Have a server that is running Crystal Enterprise Embedded 10 - looks like it is setup as a Web-server - I can connect to that server and see that a CCM ( Crystal Configuration Manager ) is running. But I cannot find if there is a CMS running. Checked all the folders and cannot find one. The person who setup Crystal is no longer here.
Here are my questions

1. Since this is only used as a web server that users connect to and retrieve and refresh reports do we need a CMS.
  2. They want to upgrade the server and move the reports, do we need to upgrade to the latest Crystal release or can we use another poduct to refresh the reports.

Thanks

tgubi :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-20)

You have to have a CMS running somewhere in order for the web application to work correctly. If you run the CCM, do you see information about the CMS? If not, I would try to run the Central Management Console web app (there should be a link to it under the BusinessObjects section of the Start menu.) In the “System”, you should see the name of the report server where the CMS is installed.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

I am on the server that has the Crystal reports, I can bring up the CCM and see 4 things running
Crystal Report Application Server
HP MPIO DSM Volume Information Provider
HTTPSSL
World Wide Web PUblishing Service

I know thee should be a CMS running but cannot find it anywhere.
they just have a Crytal Enterprise 10 directory.

tgubi :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-20)

Look at the properties of the Crystal Report Application Server. That will probably include information about the CMS name.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)