BusinessObjects Board

cross tab column heading

Can anyone please guide me to display the cross tab column heading. Eg:i have place Date field for cross tab…In the Top of the Date values it should display as “Date”.How to place it?

When i tried it is displaying in all the columns as “Date” repeatedly… But i want to display in the middle with the center heading.

:frowning:

saranya R :india: (BOB member since 2011-09-20)

I believe that’s how the cross tab behaves. The top column (horizontal one) is treated as an individual column and when the data is pulled into it, each of the dates are treated as individual columns.

When you try to put the header on it the header would split in the same way the date has split.

I am not sure if we can do it but try putting up the date column in the vertical colum of the cross tab instead of putting up in the horizontal column.

Will play around on this and reply if I get any solution :slight_smile:

praveenmaddi (BOB member since 2011-05-10)

Click on the repeated “Date” cell and include a break. Remove the break footer, and mark the box for “center value across break” and you should be fine.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

That was great Dave. Thanks!

I tried this in a report and it is working fine. I think we need to create a variable for the header to show up as date and then break on the variable. Otherwise a normal header wouldn’t give a break option.

praveenmaddi (BOB member since 2011-05-10)

Thats great :smiley: It worked perfectly…Thanks a lot

saranya R :india: (BOB member since 2011-09-20)

I had something similar or close but not exact.

The problem I am having is I have a vertical report and need to bring in an object making it a HEADER column. And there may be up to Three(3) values which would stream across the report.

As for the values inserted under each of those columns would be a concatenation of two fields.

When I attempted it I got the dreaded #MULTIVALUE message. The report is Vertical so guessing that has something to do with it. Any ideas would be much appreciated…

toscajo@yahoo.com

ystu15 (BOB member since 2011-02-10)