BusinessObjects Board

Création d'un environnement de DEV dans BOXI.4

Bonjour,
Je suis nouveau dans l’administration de BOXI.4 et actuellement j’ai un environnement de PROD mais pas de DEV.
Ma question est de savoir, comment créé-t-on un environnement de DEV?
J’ai une base base de données Oracle 12g et tous les modules BOXI4 (CMC,IDT,WebI …) à disposition.

Merci d’avance pour votre retour

Hello @Boubafia !

:fr: bobj-board.org est un service qui est principalement rendu en anglais, afin que la majorité des interlocuteurs puissent interagir. Il n’y a pas de section française (je suis aussi francophone :wink: ). Je vais donc te répondre en anglais, j’espère que c’est correct pour toi,

Mainly there is 2 options to have a DEV environment:

• have a dedicated (and generally separated) setup for a DEV environment. I am speaking of a new virtual machine (ou multiple depending on your deployment) that is used only for DEV needs. This is the recommended use case (searching for best practice article but I don’t have one right now)
  • have a dedicated folder inside your current BiLaunchPad/CMC PROD system. This is not recommended as it will involve more security risk (you can work on PROD element if you are in the wrong folder), and more difficult to “promote” objects from DEV to PROD (you cannot use the Promotion Manager that is design to work on distinct platform)

Hope it will help !

Another solution is to create, using another CMS database and distinct filestore, another node in the same host, listening on other port. The good point is you have not to have new hardware, the bad, is that all the ressources (RAM, CPU, disk), will be shared between the two env. It is explained in some french book about BI43 admin

Bonjour Julien, Bernard_Timbal,

Merci pour vos retours.
Auriez-vous une documentation qui détail ce qu’il faut faire (en Base de donnée Oracle par exemple, dans la CMC,CMS etc…) svp? c’est quelque chose que je n’ai jamais fait avant.
Merci par avance

Thanks to switch to english you will have more answers :wink:

As Julien said, write in english please.
All is explained in the book I’m speacking about