BusinessObjects Board

Create IDOCs through SAP BODS performance optimization

We have to load data to SAP ECC IDOCs using BODS .
The IDOC has 9 segments with total of around 130 million records and total size of 13 GB. In total around 3 million IDOCs will be created as header segment has 3 million records.

Currently we are running the IDOC creation job in BODS in parallel for 4 times. In Each run 2000 IDOCs are created. So in total 8000 IDOCs are created by running the BODS job for 4 times in parallel. It is taking around 40 minutes to create 8000 IDOCs. So for full load it will take around 200 hours.

Can you please suggest what could be done to reduce the IDOC creation time in BODS?

PS :We have already checked Do not create TID option in IDOC target in BODS and Batch Size is set to 500

comwizz (BOB member since 2015-05-19)

You really need to find out where the bottleneck is coming from. i.e. is it in BODS or SAP, as there were two parts on it.

As I haven’t seen your job, it seems 40 mins to create 8000 IDOCs seems to be quite a long time. I am wondering whether the data is not prepared appropriately, and doing all the preparation as you are populating the IDOCs.

amuh10 :uk: (BOB member since 2012-04-11)

Hi comwizz,

We are facing a similar situation. Appreciate if you can share some advice on how you manage to optimise the IDOC data load?

Thanks,
Y.E.

ytan (BOB member since 2015-09-07)