I have 2 lists that come from different data providers. I’m trying to count when ID’s from ID object 1 appear also in ID object 2.
I know about combined queries, and I wish this issue were that simple, but unfortunately the data comes from 2 different universes and for the purposes of this post, solutions involving universe design or combined queries is off the table.
Here’s the rub: I actually can get it to provide me with an intersected list. Here’s how:
- Merge ID1 and ID2 into Merged ID
- create variable (varID1) of ID1 and set it to be a detail of Merged ID
- create variable (varID2) of ID2 and set it to be a detail of Merged ID
- create intersection variable (varIntersection): =if(varID1=varID2) then varID1
- The list appears to be working appropriately, and using the count function yields an appropriate count in the table block
- Create a count variable (varCountIntersection): =count(varIntersection)
This results in a count which does not match the count in the block.
I’ve tried a variation using the match function and converting the numeric id’s into text, but this too yielded counts that were way off. Something is happening when I take the function out of being in the context of a table, which is super frustrating because nothing is being changed, there is no need to change contexts, I need it to count them just like how it would in the table.
I’ve seen a lot of related posts on this but nothing quite exactly helping with the counting issue I’m having. Any help is much appreciated.