BusinessObjects Board

Count only items displayed

I have a report that has been filtered in the output. It contains tally columns for when it meets the criteria for timely, late, not done or not applicable and those are the columns I need the count. This data has a filter in the output to remove duplicate secretaries via a variable but the count is counting what is displayed as well as what has been filtered out. How can I adjust the count to only count items that are displayed in the output?

Duplicate Secretary variable to get the responsible secretary: =[Assignee] Where([Planner-Due Date]>= [Assigned On] And([Planner-Due Date] <= [UnAssigned On] Or IsNull([UnAssigned On])))

I have a simple count at the bottom: =Count([Timely tally]),

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cathe

I can‘t see the result of the „count at the bottom“ in your image.
What is your formula to filter the output ?
Did you try to add the filter-variable to the table to check if it is working ?

When filtering data based on complex logic it is recommended to insert your if-then-else-logic into a variable with a endresult of „0“ or „1“, so you can insert/test this in the table/report.
when everything is fine you can filter your data on a simple „variable = 1“

As @N8AKTIV says, it’s difficult to see what’s wrong without understanding the structure of the report and the filter logic that you’ve applied to the data.

As an addition, if your total is in a separate cell or block from your main data, it will not automatically have the filtering applied. You also need to consider whether you are filtering or counting correctly. A simple count may not be enough or may not be doing what you want. Sometimes a SUM(IF … THEN 1 ELSE 0) sort of logic is needed for your count logic at the bottom of the block.