BusinessObjects Board

Count of Reports (Webi and Crystal) available BI env

Hi, All

I’m using below query to get count of reports against universes in Query Builder tool.

SELECT SI_NAME, SI_SL_DOCUMENTS FROM CI_APPOBJECTS
WHERE SI_KIND=‘dsl.UNIVERSE’ AND SI_SL_DOCUMENTS.SI_TOTAL > 0

What object name to add to get report name in above query and is there any way to export results in Excel.

Thank you for the help!

MIUSA (BOB member since 2011-05-01)

To my knowledge, Query Builder is not capable of returning that information. There are some Excel spreadsheets in the Downloads section that can pull this information out for you using the SDK. You may have to update the reference files to the current version when using those spreadsheets though.

By using query builder we will get the report names which was used in a universe. I have worked in that area for migration. It is working fine. We have to use SI_NAME.

SELECT SI_NAME, SI_SL_DOCUMENTS FROM CI_APPOBJECTS
WHERE SI_KIND=‘dsl.UNIVERSE’ AND SI_SL_DOCUMENTS.SI_TOTAL > 0

In the above query use * instead of SI_NAME and SI_SL_Documents to find the exact field name for the reports name and cross check that name is matching in webi report name or not. Becaz the field name may vary from one db to another db

There is no need to export to excel that output. We can directly use the query in excel and get the output in that excelsheet another sheet.

First go to excel and go to data and select get data from web and you can paste that query builder url and login and enter the query and execute it. In the next sheet same go to data and select get data from table. so that data will be displayed in columns. Select the column which you want and click ignore. you will get the output in excelsheet.

surya_sudheer :india: (BOB member since 2006-11-01)