BusinessObjects Board

could not create extension data source engine

Hi,

I am on BOBJ 4.1 SP7 platform. Lumira Desktop client is 1.3. I downloaded the extension for ‘SAP Universe Query Panel’. I am able to connect to universes (.UNX) and create queries. Once I click 'Refresh’in data preview window it gives me below error. If I click next then it gives me “could not create extension data source engine” error.

DBDriver failed to load : D:\SAP Business Objects 4.1\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\drivers\lib32\dbd_oci.dll (%1 is not a valid Win32 application.
)

I am trying to connect to Oracle 11g DB and has 32-bit Oracle client installed on my system. Webi Rich Client works fine with the same .UNX, but Lumira is failing

Also, the location mentioned in the error message is of the Oracle Client 32-bit on the server, not sure why Lumira is pointing to Oracle Client on Server. It should rather access the oracle client on my system locally

Regards,
Vru

vrupatel :india: (BOB member since 2010-05-18)

Hi All,

We were able to resolve this issue. For first time don’t login using @ Cluster Name. Just simply login using system name. After successful login, run few queries and logout

Now login using @Cluster Name and things work perfectly fine

Thanks all for your help & support

Regards,
Vru

vrupatel :india: (BOB member since 2010-05-18)