BusinessObjects Board

Copying Remainder data of subordinates to Master Records

Hi, We are on BODS 4.0. We are finding duplicates on set of company names and addresses. After finding Master record we want to update remaining information of the Master from Sub-ordinates. For e.g. if two companies are duplicates ( on Name and Address) and if Master has phone number, Fax number, EmailID, Website etc blank/null then we want to load that value from Sub-ordinate records to Master records.

Because we are not using these values for comparison/Prioritization etc in Match transform so I am not sure how to use Match transforms feature to do this. I am thinking of doing it in DS but not sure what would be the best/Optimized approach.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,

Architect2009 (BOB member since 2005-10-26)

in your post match options, add in a best record for each field you need to post. You have to define the behavior of the best record but its pretty straight forward.

you really dont NEED to use best record… after you have your group number, and group order … you can use a query to aggregate and post back to your master.

jlynn73 :us: (BOB member since 2009-10-27)

Hi If you have got any sample job for doing it please mail mail me to nagraj.ab@gmail.com… Even I want to do the same set of requirement.

nagraj.ab (BOB member since 2014-10-06)