BusinessObjects Board

Convert Deski to Webi

Hi,

I am currently using XIR2 with SP5 FP5-6 on windows 2003 server with Tomcat. I was wondering is there anyway to convert all my existing report from deski to webi and post them back to infoview.

pfsubaru (BOB member since 2009-02-11)

You could use Report conversion tool.

RBO (BOB member since 2006-08-26)

Hi,

Sorry, but is this tool come with the XIR2?

pfsubaru (BOB member since 2009-02-11)

Yes, Go to All programs --> BusinessObjects XI R2 --> BusinessObjects Enterprise , there you will see this tool with others.

RBO (BOB member since 2006-08-26)

Please don’t expect that the report will all convert and look in webi as they did in deski.

The X2 Report Conversion Tool was missing a lot of the Deski functionality and such when I used, I found that 98% of the reports need to be modified once the conversion was done.

I ended up only using it to convert the query so that it was the same, then I would delete the report tabs and build them again.

plessiusa :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-03-22)

Fine this is new to me to convert DeskI to WebI…same way is it possible to WebI to DeskI?

If yes then please explain me steps. or send me some links regarding that…

Namaste,
-Harshil Joshi

harshiljoshi.sap :india: (BOB member since 2011-08-11)

There is no way to convert Webi to Deski (as far as I am aware), and it would be pointless anyhow since Deski is dead.

By the way, there is also no way to convert Webi/Deski to Crystal Reports or vice versa.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)