BusinessObjects Board

Conufsed about XIr3 Security Model !!!

Hi BoBer’s
I’m new with R3 and I’m trying to implement security model (Group to folder). On R2 simply you gave everyone no access then you grant access to a specific group on a specific folder, when a user from this group logon to Infoview he’ll be able to view just this folder. When I follow the same scenario on R3 it does’t work :hb: ??? the users couldn’t see any folder!!! When I start reading the admin giud it have been said that you should grant the View access to the top level folder to be able to view the subfolders, but in this case if I have group A and it have been granted the view access to the top level folder it’ll be able to view all subfolders!! And of course this is not valid

So do I missed somthing in this new release!!? :? :?

Mahmoud :egypt: (BOB member since 2005-03-22)

The default behavior in XI 3.0 is different than XIr2. In XIr2, access to the “root” public folder was granted behind the scenes. In XI 3.0, that “root” folder is no different than any other “root” (universes, groups, etc.). Access has to be explicitly granted.

The good news is that there is a very easy and flexible way to grant “root” access. In the CMC, at the All Folders level, for the Everyone group grant one single right to View object, and set it so that it applies only to the object, not to any sub-objects (far right of the screen). Not the View access level, but JUST this one right. Actually, you can create a custom access level in XI 3.0 that contains ONLY this one right (View folder only) … you’ll find it very useful.

Now the user can view the “root” folder, but no further down until you explicitly give access to a sub-folder.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Million Thanks Dwayne you brighten my day :lol:

I really appreciate your successfull advice :wink:

I have another question regarding security, I need to grant the users the ability to save the DeskI reports as Excel or PDF from the InfoView, I’ve granted them “Export the report’s data” for DeskI reports but it dowsn’t work!!

This post coud help you.

BR
Sebastien

Thanks Goiffon, but this post solves the same view problems, but I’m still not able to grant the users the Save to my computer as option

I was talking about the documentation which also talked about other problems or issues you will have to cope with :mrgreen:

I cannot find an answer to my question if you meant to refere to your presentation :oops:

Hey guys,
Do anybody have an answer to my question :?:
I’m tired of trying different security scenarios :wah:

Mahmoud,

I am planning for the BOCP certification for administration. I have read out the administrative PDF and working as a adminstrator since last 6 months using XIR2.

Can you please send/guide some study material, sample papers to achieve.

TIA,
Amit

amits_bob (BOB member since 2008-07-31)