BusinessObjects Board

consuming RESTFUL service in data services 4.2

Hi Experts,

Has anybody consumed RESTFUL webservice in data services 4.2 ?
I am finding issues using it, not sure if WADL file is not in right format (with correct grammar), however I am able to preview it using SOAPUI.
The output format is JSON.

Can somebody provide me the clue or step by step process to consume ?

I will highly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ravi

rgupta614 :us: (BOB member since 2013-01-15)

what is the issue that you are seeing when using with DS ?
can you post your WADL file ?

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the reply, looks like the wadl is ok.

I am attaching a job (atl file) and verbose trace log, that I created created to consume REST webservice, though I am not getting any error, but nothing has been loaded to table.

In verbose trace log I could see the transactions in JSON format, but some how those transactions are not trapped into target table.

There are no input Parameters for this job.

The wadl has been tested using soapUI

I have also Unnested the Reply Schema as well

Can you please have a look at the job and let me know if I am missing something.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi
rest_job.zip (5.0 KB)
trace_03_30_2015_17_19_27_3266__c2f65ced_b6f2_4299_935c_2c8f192f72e2.txt (212.0 KB)

let me take a look, you are able to get a response, but looks like DS is having problem converting the JSON to NRDM (DS Nested Structure), this issue usually happens if there is schema mismatch, but I don’t think that is the case

looking at the DS version in the trace and XML, you are on Ds 4.2 SP2 Patch, there were some fixes related to JSON to NRDM conversion when result has multiple records, possibly it’s the same issue

let me check that

is it possible for you to use the latest DS 4.2 version ? DS 4.2 SP04

Thanks for the response Manoj.

No we don’t have any installation of DS 4.2 SP04

can you try with attached XSD for the response
aircraftDetails.zip (0.0 KB)

Thanks for the response Manoj, But it did not work, still getting no rows in the temp table.

can you try this, you can use JSON as source also, so lets see if DS is able to parse the JSON returned by the service

use the attached JSON to create a JSON format
create a JSON source using this format in DF, enter the file location pointing to the location of attached file
Click on the magnifying glass icon to see the data, if this works then I would expect the RESTFul service response to work too
aircraftDetails.zip (0.0 KB)

Hello,

The ATL file seems to be missing in the attachment.

shwetabhnarayan1989 (BOB member since 2017-11-21)