BusinessObjects Board

Column names are invisible

Hi,

I am not able to see the column names of the tables in the universe. I think someone has hidden this option before and i want to know how can we make this right. I also have one more question. How can i move a universe with secured connection from production to development domain.
Please help me in finding out the solution. :frowning:

Regards,
Ravindra

venira :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-07)

If you are talking about the Table Display in the Universe Pane simply double click the table name or right click on the table and choose change Table display…

Are these Production and Development separate Universe domains in the repository??? Then just export the Universe to the corresponding domains… Try a search for “Migrate Universe” or something similar here and you should get bunch of threads dealing with that subjects… Also look into this Designer FAQ section… Link

Sridharan :india: (BOB member since 2002-11-08)

Hi Sridharan,

I’m not talking about table display. But some of the tables are displaying the column list and some are not. actually, i need to join two columns of different tables but if the column list is not displayed, how can i join them?? :cry:

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the migration of universe from one domain to other. i could find it!! 8)

Ravindra,

If you are using Public/Private Synonyms, the table columns may not appear on the Universe, Infact when you do refresh structure, it will say that “The Selected tables were not found”,

Don’t worry about this msg, still your universe works fine.

Comes to your defining joins problem, If you know the which table neds to be joined then goto Insert --> joins --> then type in the condition in Expression box then parse it, simply it works fine…

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vijay

vijaykollu :us: (BOB member since 2003-05-08)

can you tell us which database you use and what type of connection you use (ODBC/OLE Db)?

Regards,
Mohan

cpmohanraj :australia: (BOB member since 2002-09-23)

thanks Vijay!! i’ll try to floow the method suggested by you.

Mohan,
We are using Oracle9i as database and oracle client is the connection.

Regards,
Ravindra

Vijay,

Thanks for your suggestion. it worked!!! :smiley:

Hi,

we are experiencing the same problem: columns are not shown when looking at a join or crating a new join. It worked fine last week before I exported the unv to the repository. I have now a copy of the import. We are using BO 6.1.3 with odbc on sql server 2000 (sqlsvren.prm). Is it a parameter problem? I remember switching outer_join_generation both in unv paramters but also sqlsvren.prm.

The workaround with writing columns does not help me as I want to tick “outer join” but is it desparatly disabled.

Thanks, Thierry

itre (BOB member since 2006-11-13)