BusinessObjects Board

Column names are invisible

Hi,

I am not able to see the column names of the tables in the universe. I think someone has hidden this option before and i want to know how can we make this right. I also have one more question. How can i move a universe with secured connection from production to development domain.
Please help me in finding out the solution. :frowning:

Regards,
Ravindra

venira :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-07)

If you are talking about the Table Display in the Universe Pane simply double click the table name or right click on the table and choose change Table displayā€¦

Are these Production and Development separate Universe domains in the repository??? Then just export the Universe to the corresponding domainsā€¦ Try a search for ā€œMigrate Universeā€ or something similar here and you should get bunch of threads dealing with that subjectsā€¦ Also look into this Designer FAQ sectionā€¦ Link

Sridharan :india: (BOB member since 2002-11-08)

Hi Sridharan,

Iā€™m not talking about table display. But some of the tables are displaying the column list and some are not. actually, i need to join two columns of different tables but if the column list is not displayed, how can i join them?? :cry:

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the migration of universe from one domain to other. i could find it!! 8)

Ravindra,

If you are using Public/Private Synonyms, the table columns may not appear on the Universe, Infact when you do refresh structure, it will say that ā€œThe Selected tables were not foundā€,

Donā€™t worry about this msg, still your universe works fine.

Comes to your defining joins problem, If you know the which table neds to be joined then goto Insert --> joins --> then type in the condition in Expression box then parse it, simply it works fineā€¦

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vijay

vijaykollu :us: (BOB member since 2003-05-08)

can you tell us which database you use and what type of connection you use (ODBC/OLE Db)?

Regards,
Mohan

cpmohanraj :australia: (BOB member since 2002-09-23)

thanks Vijay!! iā€™ll try to floow the method suggested by you.

Mohan,
We are using Oracle9i as database and oracle client is the connection.

Regards,
Ravindra

Vijay,

Thanks for your suggestion. it worked!!! :smiley:

Hi,

we are experiencing the same problem: columns are not shown when looking at a join or crating a new join. It worked fine last week before I exported the unv to the repository. I have now a copy of the import. We are using BO 6.1.3 with odbc on sql server 2000 (sqlsvren.prm). Is it a parameter problem? I remember switching outer_join_generation both in unv paramters but also sqlsvren.prm.

The workaround with writing columns does not help me as I want to tick ā€œouter joinā€ but is it desparatly disabled.

Thanks, Thierry

itre (BOB member since 2006-11-13)