BusinessObjects Board

Column Delimiter Error

Hey guys,
I’m getting thousands of these errors in my job, and I don’t really know what it’s talking about. I opened the data in notepad to look at the row number it’s talking about, but I don’t see anything weird.

A column delimiter was seen after column number <10> for row number <96398> in file <//ms-dhosler154/E/JOB23583.DH/1_Orig/Purges/OpenAccts0626.TXT>. The total number of columns defined is <10>, so a row delimiter should be seen after column number <10>. Check the file for bad data, or redefine the input schema for the file by editing the file format in the UI.

All these messages are slowing down my job. I think.

DanHosler :us: (BOB member since 2013-06-19)

usually this happens when you neglect to define a field framing character, and then encounter a framed delimiter.

it widens your row and expects to see the crlf, and when it doesnt it kicks out this error. If you look at the row it should be pretty obvious.

jlynn73 :us: (BOB member since 2009-10-27)

The rows in question look like all the other rows. What is a field framing character and where does it get defined?

Edit: I get it now. All my values were wrapped in “”. So I just set that up in the flat file options. Thanks.

Edit2: well that fixed that error but spawned a whole new set:

18596	13512	RUN-050802	7/26/2013 8:18:04 AM	Cannot convert data <A> into type <INTEGER>. Context: Column <Column NBINCID>.

DanHosler :us: (BOB member since 2013-06-19)