BusinessObjects Board

Code/report Migration between dev to prod

Hi,
I searched forums and found the following faqs topic on “How do I migrate documents between repositories” at
FAQ: Reporter” location.

my question is will it be same procedure for XIr2 environment?
or do I need to use import wizard for this.
Here is my situation we have Dev, UAT and prod enviroments, UAT and Prod resides in same repository.
we had a situation to modify the Universe and Reports to add some new fields and modify some existing fields, so in earlier version what we did is
Universe Migration

1. Import the Production Universe in Designer make it unsecure by saving to all.
  2. open unsecured Universe in Development designer and define secure connection then add new fields, modify existing fields then save and export to development repository.
  3. Access the Modified Universe using full client/webi and test the new and modified fields.

Report Migration
4) import the production report which is to be modified to add new, modified fields and make it unsecured copy by saving for all.
5) Open the unsecured report in full client using development key and make the necessary changes and export to repository.

will the same procedure applies to XIr2?

Let me know
Thanks

Saikutty :india: (BOB member since 2005-07-28)

You would use the import wizard to do this in XIr2…why don’t you try it and see what happens? :slight_smile:

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Mak,
its painful to use import wizard every time, looking for simple procedure like as I mentioned.

I tried mine procedure as mentioned and it works fine for Universe but when I open prod report in dev its pointing to different universe giving some obsolute objects no longer exists error. I tried changing to point to correct universe but still getting error pointing to different universe

Dont know whts wrong?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

I’m unsure whether you can use the ‘old school’ method of promotion in XIr2 - maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

Have you deleted any objects, I have always found it best to hide them rather than delete, or have you renamed them thus causing an ambiguous object error?
You could try using the report migration tool, this may help to at least fix things.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

I tried Import wizard as you suggested but no luck it still pointing to different universe. i checked in the source which is pointing to correct universe where as in destination its pointing to different universe.
dont know whts wrong?
any ideas…

thanks