BusinessObjects Board

Cloning of Existing User

Hi,

I have a User say ABC , now I need to setup another user XYZ but rights should be same as that of ABC & I am on XI 3.1. Actually it seems very confusing to create a user with the same rights, so I just thought if we can save the same user ABC with different name or not and this way I can have another user XYZ with same rights as that of ABC. Could someone please guide me if it is possible or not ?

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

[Moderator Note: Moved from General Discussion to CMC]

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

FYI,There is copy,pasting the rights.We should implement again the same.
Otherwise add the user into the Group ABC

Arjun (BOB member since 2008-07-28)

Hey, Arjun thanks for your help… Actually this is for the first time i am doing, so not able to guess… But somehow I got the user working… Manually I saw the groups & rights and assigned.

Now the problem is that user is under manyu groups, and I want to provide the rights wherein user should have the access only to two folders & to his inbox and favorites folder, can you please help me in setting these rights for this particular user?

first of all I am sorry for post bumping, actually it’s became a critical thing for me , Can someone please help me in this… I am on XI 3.1.

There is a user who belongs to 6 groups & admin & everyone group. I need that user to have access only to two folders which are in public folders & his favorites folder & inbox. And he should not have delete and add new report rights to those two folders…

Please guide me , let me know if I need to give screenshots of the same.

If he belongs to the administrator group could be tricky …

You need to create a security matrix between this user (or a group) on those two specific folders. The right will be approximately full control…

For inbox and user folder by default the rights are properly setup …

Hey Goiffon,

thanks for your post. But sorry to say I didn’t understand how to go about it & I never implemented security part… So bit worried & now it has to be done today itself as today is the deadline and I haven’t reached anywhere in this task. :frowning: :frowning:

I am not able to achieve any task on security area. Could someone please help me in steps , this is for the first time I am implementing security. I need to do the following things -

1. I need to create a group say - “ABC”
  2. Then I need to create 3 users who will belong to this group.
  3. This group should have access only to two folders - X & Y.
  4. USers in this group should not be allowed to add or delete any object from these two folders.
  5. User should be able only to edit this report and overwrite any existing report.

Could someone please help me in setting this rights in 3.1? It would be great if someone can help me.,…,

Did you check the Security Matrix from BOB Downlods?

Try to understand,you can get all the answers.

Arjun (BOB member since 2008-07-28)