BusinessObjects Board

changing server

we would like to replace old server with new servers can any one tell me what would be the process we are on 5.17 version and using windows XP.

arvind.alex :uk: (BOB member since 2005-05-14)

We can move this to the appropriate sub-forum of “Server Administration, Installation, Upgrades” if you tell us to which version you want to upgrade.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

we are not trying to upgrade the BO 5.17 softeware but we want to replace the old servers with new one on which the BO 5.17 is installed already

arvind.alex :uk: (BOB member since 2005-05-14)

Moving from “Security and User Adminstration” ==> Supervisor to “Server Adminstration, Installation, Upgrads” ==> WebI 1.x/2.x Servers.

Install, configure and test on the new servers. On or just before cutover day, transfer all of the personal documents and settings in the server’s x:\Program Files\Business Objects\Server\WebIntelligence 2.5\Storage… folders.

I would expect that if you alias with the old server name, ZABO should just work, and your WebI users won’t have to do anything new. But I can’t be absolutely 100% sure. So, either alias the new server with the old server name, or tell your ZABO users to visit the WebI page for the new server name, and create or edit a document to cause it to generate the new *.rkey file for them.

If you alias the new server with the old server name, your WebI users don’t have to do anything different. Else, tell them what server to use in the future.

Take your old server offline, or otherwise block traffic so that people don’t continue to use it. Keep it available to the admins for a short period in case you missed some personal documents, etc.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)