BusinessObjects Board

Change data source type or map existing data source items?

So I’ve just spent 2-3 weeks developing a test case dashboard in Lumira (1.31.6) as a way of evaluating the product for suitability (it’s been horrible, I won’t lie - too many niggles making the application just work… not sure how they think this is an ‘end user’ tool, I’m the head BO dev/admin and its confounded me and continually not worked in various ways!)

Upon publishing it to our BI Platform I’ve suddenly discovered that I’m unable to schedule it as I used the ‘Universe’ data source (which doesn’t support scheduling) and I should’ve used the ‘SAP Universe Query Panel’ extension (which currently won’t work as it throws a DSL Service Provider error - using single source UNX - currently with our support providers)

Assuming that I do actually manage to get the extension working, is there a way to convert my data source to the extension data source? Or map the existing objects to a new one?
A lot of work has gone into custom filters and calculated dimensions and I’m not sure I have the will to start again from the beginning.

Please tell me there’s some light at the end of this dark tunnel…? (and its not just a train coming…)

Thanks

norty303 :uk: (BOB member since 2003-03-19)

I think it might be a train mate. There are a lot of things that they just didn`t seem to think of in terms of Lumira in an enterprise setting, and then when they started focusing on Lumira 2.0, they ramped down any further development on 1.x.

Don`t get me started on Lumira 2.0…!

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Oh, and here was me thinking that Lumira 2.0 might resolve some of the pain…

norty303 :uk: (BOB member since 2003-03-19)