BusinessObjects Board

Change CMS name for information Steward upgrade

Hi All,

I need to change the CMS name of Information steward while upgrading from 4.0 to 4.2 since the CMS name was changed. Ran the IS repo utility and didn’t help, is there any way to change the CMS name while upgrading IS from 4.0 to 4.2 ?

i did edit IsUtilityProperties file and change it to new CMS and try to upgrade it but it didn’t work.

Appreciate your help !

surya.sap (BOB member since 2012-07-30)

No, the option is disabled, let me see if there a workaround for this
you can modify the host file to accept the old name also for the current IP and hostname

add the following to hosts file and try
IPAddress newHostName oldHostNam

do you have a support case for this ? we could try hacking the installer DB

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

its on same server but CMS name changed, we’re in critical schedule i had ti uninstall 4.0 IS and install 4.2 IS… lost all work done in 4.0 IS

Is there any way to restore that work done in 4.0 ?

IS data is stored in IS Repository, uninstalling will not delete that, you are not able to connect to CMS since the name is different if you are able to uninstall then I think the IS related data from CMS will be intact and when you install newer version point to the same repo

make sure that you have backup of IS Repo, IPS Repo and also of the CMS Content by exporting to LCMBIAR

best would be to open a Support Case, support should be able to help you with this

sorry for late reply

it didn’t allow uninstall too since CMS was not valid, it throws a warning and just ignored and went ahead to uninstall

created new IS repo database and install 4.2. i was under the gun had to do this, but i do have 4.0 IS repo DB backup. not sure if we can use that to restore the work lost

Thanks

did you backup the IS Content that were in CMS also to LCMBIAR ? Projects, Connections etc ?

if you have IS 4.0 REPO DB Backup only and no IS CMS Content, then yes, you should be able to switch to IS 4.0 Repo and Upgrade it, you will need to run the ISRepositoryUtility in recover mode

since the CMS Contents are missing , the recover will create place holders for connection, you will have to enter the connection details and save the connection again, make sure you enter the correct details for the first time, once you save, it will not be possible to change the setting like Type, DB, Server etc.

if you still have issue, please open a support case and let me know the incident #, I can help you with the upgrade