BusinessObjects Board

Central repo pointing to old database even after upgrade

All,

We recently migrated from BODS 4.1 SP4 to SP11. This was not an in-place upgrade but migration between 2 exclusive datacenters/environments. As part of this all the local repository databases were migrated and new repositories were created on top of them.
For central, we restored the backup of Central repo database on new server and upgraded the repository through DS Repo manager. After registering the Central repo in CMC, I can see that the repository version is upgraded to 4.1 SP11.
I login to designer and connect to one of the local repos.
While trying to create a new Central repo connection, I get prompted to login (to New system) and after logging in, I am able to see the new Central repo.
After clicking on it however, I am not able to connect. Error message says that it is unable to connect to . This DB is the older DB on which this repo was initially hosted.

Under AL_Machine_Info there were entries for old DB server as well as new one, I have deleted the entries for old server still I am unable to connect.

Please guide me with proper steps to migrate and upgrade the Central repo.

AgrawalKS (BOB member since 2019-07-24)

Did you open the CCM app on the Business Objects server to see what repository the deployment is pointing to?

jemstar :ireland: (BOB member since 2006-03-30)

https://www.worldcupupdates.org/pakistan-super-league-2020/[/url]

harsh01 :india: (BOB member since 2019-07-24)

Did you updated the database server value for the RepoManager record in AL_Machine_Info? If not, that is probably your issue.

-Adam

avandeweghe :canada: (BOB member since 2012-04-25)