BusinessObjects Board

Cdzsrv error in Webintelligence

Hi

we are running an E6.5.2 installation on unix Solaris 8 boxes.
We use Apache/Weblogic on the applicaiton servers.

Some of our users experience problems running reports and generating their own personal documents in Webintelligence.
They receive an error similar to “cdzsrv_error_en_30270”. The number at the end can vary.

Anyone seen this and knows what it means ?

Thanks
Martin

cphmdatabig (BOB member since 2006-06-26)

It’s the Cadenza module - i normally take the quick dirty method by recreating the cluster/orb.

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Hi,

Could someone please explain what Cadenza module is and also what the exact steps you take? We use BO XI R2 on oracle/solaris/tomcat and do not use clusters at all.

One of the other posts mentioned something about patch installations or extra servers but unfortunately/fortunately, there was no change in our installation and the PRD environment had been running fine so far.

Thanks and forgive my ignorance.

Rgds.

smartrisk (BOB member since 2006-05-25)

Have you resolved this issue? We are also getting this error message, and webi reports are failing in business objects xi 3.1, sp3, fixpack 3.2.

We noticed that the webiprocessingserver process gets up to about 1.7 GB on the server, and then the report eventually fails.

The error message is
cdzsrv_error_en_30280

unds :canada: (BOB member since 2006-12-09)

We are facing the same error. Also the error Message: cdzsrv_error_de_30280.

This error comes up in scheduled instances. The webiprocessingserver also reaches 1.7GB. The report runs before.

Any ideas?

KaeptnBlaubaer :de: (BOB member since 2009-07-07)

Hello,

Did any of you understand and figure this issue out?

What was the error truly related to?

I am having the same issue, but I am having a hard time understanding what the error is related to specifically.

I am experiencing this error in the R3.1 SP4 environment (in a 4 node cluster - Window 2008 OS).

Thanks you.

Nodak7 :norway: (BOB member since 2007-01-02)

Ignore all but the number at the end, 30280 - look here (BOB) for anything about this error (which happens to be a memory full error).

It could be a specific report, or a setting on your server. If it’s consistently happening to one of your webireportserver processes, you could recreate that in your admin tool…

Much luck!

B

• maybe look at upgrading, yikes : /

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thank you B!

I appreciate the guidance.

Now that you mention it, I have been getting a memory full error too. So, this is related webireportserver processes, but I see these memory errors with scheduled reports. Is the webireportserver control the scheduled report jobs?

The funny thing is that I just upgraded the client to XI R3.1 from R2 (they did not want to part with Deski, and that is why I did not take them to 4.0).

Thanks again!

D

I hate to admit it, but I am not sure - I always envision multiple processes at play in scheduled reports. It is almost certain that you’re running a webi processes for a scheduled report, and if these times match errors in scheduled reports, I’d bet on them being related.

There is an “instrument level” parameter that’s been brought up before that’s very helpful, and I know I have posted setting changes in the Windows registry that can help with memory issues - I would think you could find these searching on max memory or out of memory…

I understand the attachment to Deski- I don’t think BO/SAP will ever understand how much their users love that tool : )

B

Thank you again for the help! I am finding some good information related to my issue.

I will update the thread with my results.

Your comment regarding Deski and SAP/BO is sad, but true. I like it for development (for me), but secretly, I do not like supporting the tool for other users especially when they are coming across other networks, thru firewalls, etc.
: )

Thanks again!

I have made significant modifications to the default setting for everything I felt was related to the memory issue I was receiving, but I continue to get this error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just curious, can you list what you’ve tried?

Thanks!
B