BusinessObjects Board

Cartesian results in AL_COLMAP

I’ve been picking through the data in my AL_COLMAP table and have noticed that for certain data flows, the results seem to be a cartesian product: every target column has a row for each and every source column.

I’ve tried altering my DSConfig.txt file to set my IncludeWhereInCalculateColumnMapping parameter to FALSE, then updating AL_ATTR to set my column_mapping_calculated attributes to ‘No’ then truncating the AL_COLMAP, AL_COLMAP_TEXT and AL_COLMAP_NAMES tables, then recalculating the column mappings from Designer, but the same goofy results got populated.

The data flows in question are a little complicated - they include SQL, Case, Table Compare, Map Operation and Key Generation transforms, but it seems to me like they’re all pretty standard DI components.

Anybody out there have any ideas about A) why this is happening or B) how to work around it?

jparshall (BOB member since 2005-07-26)

try doing following to recalculate the column mapping
run the following queries to cleanup the column mapping
DELETE FROM AL_COLMAP;
DELETE FROM AL_COLMAP_TEXT;
DELETE FROM AL_COLMAP_NAMES;

UPDATE AL_ATTR SET ATTR_VALUE = ‘no’ WHERE ATTR_NAME = ‘column_mapping_calculated’;

on the Designer machine, open %LINK_DIR%\bin\DSConfig.txt file
search for IncludeWhereInCalculateColumnMapping parameter, set the value to FALSE

Logon to Designer and run the Calculate Column Mapping

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)