BusinessObjects Board

Capturing SOAP message header in Dataservices

Hi All,
I am accessing P6 authentication webservice from a batch job and getting the response successfully.
The response is just a boolean value.But I also want to capture the Header for this response in which I have the Cookie value which will be used for further authentication. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

mvkreddy15 (BOB member since 2015-05-13)

you mean HTTP Header ? no that is not possible, if it’s part of SoapHeader then yes, your output response schema should have that

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Hi Manoj,

I guess its http header.Here is the screenshot from soapui tool,I want to capture the value of set-cookie in data services job and reuse it for further service calls. Is there anyway to capture this,using an abap program or so?
soapui.jpg

no, you can’t get this
for a logon operation if a application returns a token, you will be able to use it if it’s retuned as part of the response body

Hi Manoj,

Finally we got the web services moved from Cookie based to Token based authentication and we are able to extract data from Web services using BODS job.But we are facing one peculiar problem.When the extraction data volume is low for delta loads(2000- 20000 records) BODS is working well.But for initial load when we extract using SOAP it is returning 1 Lakh records where as BODS is returning around 23K records and it says job is executed successfully.Its not even throwing any time-out error or any other errors.
Can you please suggest any trouble shooting options?

you mean when you expect 1 Lakh records it’s only processing 23 K records ?

what happens if you run the same webservice call from SoapUI or other test application ? do you get 1 Lakh records or 23 K

do you have any where clause after the webservice call ? may be that is filtering the records

Yes Manoj, thats correct.We have the WHERE clause but the clause is present when calling from SOAP UI too. For the same WHERE condition SOAP returns 1 Lakh records where as BODS returns only 23K.I tried by removing the WHERE too but it still returning around 23K.