BusinessObjects Board

Can't Reach the Repository with web intelligence

Hi all,

I am kinda new to the Web Intelligence Installation and Configuration and need some help with it. We have the full client that houses the supervisor, database, and the repository on one machine and the webserver installed on another machine over the lan. We are able to run Infoview.We are trying to configure the web intelligence server and when we tried to to login to webi, it throws a message saying"Can’t reach the repository database". I have copied the contents of the locdata folder from the full client to the server locdata folder. Suprisingly, if I delete the contents of the locdata folder in the server, webi runs fine.

We are using webi 2.6.

Please let me know if I am skipping a step or do I need to do something else. Or is there any other way I can point the webserver to look into the repository.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks already

khajasamiuddin (BOB member since 2006-06-23)

hi
u need just to do the same ODBC parametre with exact the name in the server side as u do it in client side that have supervisor
and that will work

Moderator comment: Please do not use Instant Message abbreviations on BOB, such as “u” for “you”. We are an international community, and spelling out the words will make BOB easier for everyone.

a_shraideh (BOB member since 2006-07-05)

a_shraideh is on the right track, although s/he is giving you the specifics of a single possible database configuration (using ODBC). The point is – you need to make sure that you’ve installed/configured the middleware properly on your WebI server (for example, SQL*Net or Sybase Open Client, or whatever).

You probably should not copy the entire LocData folder – just copy over the correct *.key file – and if it’s not already named BOMain.key, rename it to that. WebI expects to have a single BOMain.key, and for it to be named exactly that.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hi All,

Sorry for the abbreviated words. Will try to use full words in future as it was my first post.

Also thanks all for the help as it was indeed the ODBC driver issue. Once I configured the ODBC to connect to the database from the server side, it started working fine.

Thanks all.

khajasamiuddin (BOB member since 2006-06-23)