BusinessObjects Board

Cannot Schedule Analytics

I don’t get to schedule my analytics either from the Dashboard builder or AFScheduleProgram. If I click on the Dashboard Analytics Schedule from the AFScheduleProgram I get a "org.apache.jasper.JasperException " error. If I schedule the analytic from the Dashboard builder scheduler I get “The Program Object reported an error while running, but no error code was provided” error message. We are using XIR3.1. I have tried using a username without password for the initialization user. Changed the working directory also. Please Help!! FYI - we don’t have a license for Perfomance Manager.

rolandwl :philippines: (BOB member since 2008-08-26)

I can now successfully schedule analytics from the Dashboard Scheduler. Here is how to resolve this error message “The Program Object reported an error while running, but no error code was provided.” ;

1. Log on to the server computer.
  2. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy.
  3. Under Security settings click Local Policies and then click User Rights Assignment.
  4. Add the domain user account to the following policy:
    a. Replace Process Level Token Policy.

I also needed sufficient privileges to the server box.

AFScheduleProgram still does not work, though.

rolandwl :philippines: (BOB member since 2008-08-26)

Thanks so much. I was looking for this solution for ever…

I realised that the scheduling of the anayltics fails, if the Server Intelligence Agent does not run under the Local Account, but under a domain account, as required for Windows authentication.

If you change the SIA back to run under the Local System Account, all works fine. However, since we require the WindowsAD authentication, we have to have the service running under the domain account.

Thanks again,
Nigol

nigol :de: (BOB member since 2011-09-01)